What information we collect about you
The information we collect on our Site generally falls into the following two categories: “personal information” and “non-personally identifiable information.” Personal information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are (for example, your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information). Non-personally identifiable information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. If we do combine non-personally identifiable information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
In general, we collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. In addition, our Site may use “cookies” to gather non-personally identifiable information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our Site features may not function as a result.
Why your information is processed and how it will be used
Personal information you provide to us is used to process orders, manage your account, deliver the services you request (including communicating with you about your subscription to our support services, publications and your registration for events such as trade shows, conferences or user groups), and to respond to your inquiries and contact you about the Site and/or our services on the basis of your consent and may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- provision of support services;
- registration for attendance at certain CCA Software user groups, conferences and events;
- subscriptions to CCA Software publications, including e-newsletters, websites; and
- to access certain features or functions of our Site.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
CCA Software takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data that it processes is: (i) relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used, (ii) reliable for its intended use, and (iii) accurate, complete and current.
CCA Software offers you the opportunity to choose or opt out of disclosure of your personal data to certain third parties or use your personal data for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information was originally collected or subsequently authorised by you. You may contact CCA Software as indicated below regarding the company’s use or disclosure of your personal data.
- to its subsidiary companies as necessary to perform services on its behalf;
- to service providers, affiliates, agents and/or business partners CCA Software has retained to perform services on its behalf;
- when CCA Software believes disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
Special circumstances where we may disclose your information
Other than as set forth above, we may use and/or disclose your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- Although unlikely, your personal information may be disclosed to the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies under a lawful order in a jurisdiction where you are located and/or where your personal information is stored and/or processed. You cannot opt out of disclosure of your personal information if required by lawful order.
Accountability for onward transfer of personal data
How we protect your information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Hyperlinks and other websites
What do we do with your information when you terminate your relationship with us?
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realise our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. However, we may continue to store anonymous or anonymised information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty;
- Access your personal information and have it corrected, amended or deleted;
- Receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- At any time, to object to our processing of your personal information which we will comply with unless we demonstrate a compelling legitimate grounds for processing such that overrides your rights; and
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to instruct us to restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
If you wish to raise a complaint and initiate and investigation on how we have handled your personal data, or request a copy of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for this service.
Questions or feedback
CCA Software Pty Ltd
Suite 1/47 Railway Road
Blackburn Victoria, 3130
Copyright © CCA Software Pty Ltd 2018